Thread: Over 50
View Single Post
  #38   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 16:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/151/140 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 63%

I am 53 with 4 kids ages 33 to 14, two step-children, 3 grand children and a very neurotic Yorky-Poo and of course, a DH. I have a small business and work at home for the most part with a little bit of travel.

I used Atkins for the first time in the 80's to get rid of the weight I gained with my older kids. After I got to my goal weight of 130, I did not diet but kinda watched what I ate a little bit and if my weight went to 140 I did Atkins until I got it back under 135. That worked so well even with the birth of my two younger kids, I was able to get back to 130 easily. Then ... 2 1/2 years ago I quit smoking and promptly put on 30 pounds.

I was on HRT for a while and struggled and lost nothing and could not seem to even get into ketosis so I gave up. I feel so much better off the HRT except for the hot flashes and night sweats. Strangely enough I totally eliminated my hot flashes and night sweats with Vit C/E until Atkins....they came back... I am guessing it’s because of Atkins but its bearable and I have lost 16 pounds since Jun 1.

Anyway, I am happy as a clam to be here

MsMonty