View Single Post
  #484   ^
Old Tue, Jul-04-17, 17:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/188/185 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 95%

I wasn't able to get out of bed or out of a chair without having pain or even sometimes pulling a muscle in my back. I couldn't stand or walk for a significant amount of time without hurting from the feet up. I had had enough. There were other symptoms, but that was the worst part of it. The final straw was when I went to a concert with DH last March and couldn't stand or even sit without hip and shoulder pain. It put a damper on the experience.

It was time to get serious about weight loss. I had tried primal, Mediterranean, whole food plant based (read very high carb, very low fat, almost vegan) with the worst possible results (see above).

I needed structure so tried Atkins. Here I am three months later, 20 pounds lighter, much happier, no pain to speak of, all my parts working much better. The best part is that I've been ingraining good habits for life.

I'm going to another concert with DH in a few months and am looking forward to being able to stand in line or spring up and down from my seat with a smile on my face instead of a wince and a frown and a grunt and a groan.