View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 07:15

Plan: Atkins/testing CAD
Stats: 198/184/145
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default The time has come..

I've just returned from living overseas for the last 7 years, in the Persian Gulf where the majority of people smoke and its part of the social scene. Not to mention a pack only costs about 50 cents, and are the same brands bought here. Amazing!

Now I'm back in the real world in the good old USA where to be a smoker is about the same as being a leper. I can't even go out to eat and have a cigarette after my meal without having to go outside. It really has been pissing me off! Well, its been 3 months of being back in the USA and I've come to the conclusion I have to give up this battle and accept the fact the party is over. So now I'm over here in this forum trying to get some support for finally letting go of what has been my sidekick for many, many years. I was on Atkins for a few months and doing well, but husband convinced me to try CAD so we could enjoy a "normal" meal together. Its been a week on CAD and I really agree with him now, it seems to be the best of both worlds. Now I want to start working on this stop smoking behavior. We just bought a new house that we move into May 1st and I'd really like to move in as a non-smoker and stay that way. So I'm asking for all the support I can get.

Cigarettes have been like a best friend to me for most of my life. I'm not sure how to live without them. My concern is that a severe void will be in my life without them. How have others dealt with those feelings?
Sponsored Links