View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Apr-16-24, 02:35

Plan: Carnivore & LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Bulletproof coffee works for ME. Because I'm a fat burner. JEY is right to caution about it in general, if it leads to actually starving. Since I read comments on health blogs where people complain that they drink the "bulletproof coffee" (and with lots of sugar I AM SURE) so of course they were so hungry they blew up their diet.

They will be hungry until they reach ketosis. My version is decaf, heavy cream, coconut oil, and if it's my caramel flavor I put a few raspberries in the French press. Cinnamon gets some blueberries in the press. Yes, it's flavored coffee! But I'm so sensitive to flavors now I can tell if they are using extracts, or not, and my local roaster does it custom. I add fruit juice instead of artificial, and it's heavenly stuff. Also, vitamin C. (Without grains I do well with Bs and the C. Carbs burn up vitamins!)

The hours of energy I get from this breakfast means I eat a protein heavy lunch. And then, a lot of the time, I'm finished for the day, with a nice eating window.

But if I am hungry, it's more protein, but also carbs (minimal) and fat (to satiety.) Because I'm burning it for my fuel.

I'm thinking if you aren't a fat burner, bulletproof coffee won't work. I drink decaf so the energy isn't from the caffeine, either. People keep looking for "tricks" when some of it can be very simple.

But if they are hooked on carbs, they are going to need every bit of help on offer to get off them.