View Single Post
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Mar-26-24, 16:59

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Yikes!

Yeah, she's going to hurt herself. Her knees, hips, and ankles can't be happy about her running while carrying around that amount of weight. For that matter, her back is probably screaming too.

This:

Quote:
To me, this isn't good PR at all. They are encouraging people to push the exercise too hard, because I think the whole point is that you don't have to change the way you eat?

Maybe that explains this bizarre promotion, and their choice of Influencers. I guess they want to represent all sizes but then acknowledge the risks. Have we learned NOTHING from The Biggest Loser?

Yes, the whole point of the semaglutide drugs is that you don't need to change WHAT you eat. The drug itself will change HOW MUCH you eat, and that will result in weight loss. And because as far as they're concerned it has been and always will be about calories in/calories out, you gotta exercise, even if it destroys your joints.

I'm sure they chose her as an influencer because her weight is extreme enough that her fans can say "if she can do it, surely I can do it too!"

And no, I don't believe they learned a thing from Biggest Loser - other than the fact that you can't keep the weight off after a strict diet unless you stick to the super strict diet and exercise like a fiend forever.

I feel certain that as far as the Biggest Loser contestants regaining weight - the pharmaceutical attitude is that they couldn't keep the weight off because they didn't have a $1,000/month drug that (with increasing dosages) would keep their appetite snack sized. So there ya go, problem solved - just keep forking over that money for your weekly injection and you too can keep the weight off for a lifetime.*

*lifetime: results may vary. "lifetime" may be limited by side effects from the drug.