#56   ^
Old Sun, Mar-03-24, 10:01

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
Yes, the more we don't eat sweet, the less we want it. And the more we eat it, I think, the more we encourage our body to decide we've fallen into a beehive, and we should eat it all.

That is where the problems start.

One of my experiences was that I notice oversweetness as a metallic taste, unpleasant. Sadly, the finest of desserts still taste good but how often do I run across those? It keeps me away from the muck that passes as baked goods in most of the supermarket.

~snip~.

I don't know why, but despite all those decades of sugar addiction, I absolutely can't stand the taste of sugar any more. (Which also applies to honey, maple syrup, HFCS, etc). It doesn't taste metallic to me though, just sickeningly sweet.

I still like sweet stuff, but only when it's one of the few artificial sweeteners I'll use (my preference is stevia).

I also avoid any artificial sweeteners that have been extended with maltodextrin to make them easier to measure, because maltodextrin also tastes like sugar to me.

Makes it easy to "just say no" (and really mean it) when someone offers me something sugary.

The down side of this is that the only fruit that doesn't taste sickeningly sweet to me is berries, and there are even some veggies that taste too sweet to me. That list includes things like yellow and orange peppers, some types of winter squash, and certain types of onions - mostly the veggies that are yellow, orange, and sometimes red veggies, although even cauliflower can taste too sweet to me.