View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Jan-03-24, 06:46

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Likewise, I aim for a state of ketosis but it's not even about what the keto meter says (but it was very motivating for DH until he learned to listen to body feedback.)

Like coming back to work from lunch and feeling like I'm fighting off a coma. That was the first thing I noticed stopped happening when I went on Atkins. Got me through the "flu" of my body switching over, which was only muscle tiredness, a week or so.

Everything else felt so much better I was sure I was onto something. But there's nothing good all kinds of scam artists won't glom onto.

Doesn't ruin the concept. Had nothing to do with it in the first place, of course. But now, with marketing volume outrunning science 10 to 1, most people never do figure it out. ONE course in how to read a study, or at least know where to find out.

But one of the things about a UPF diet is how it saps motivational energy. Until I always had that after lunch feeling? That was a hugh motivator for me to keep with Atkins. Who so many people only know as low carb snack foods.

Doesn't change Atkins, either. I've basically been finding my spot on the carb ladder ever since.