Thread: Brain Energy
View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Nov-15-23, 06:21

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Amazing personal story of BiPolar 1 (mitochondrial dysfunction) treatment (she gained 70 pounds) her diet and recovery.

Quote:
When you look at pictures of me at the beginning of my ketogenic therapy versus today, more than two years in, my radical physical transformation is evident. Focusing on “before and after” pictures, though, is not the story I want to tell. Not only is it the least interesting part of my journey, but as a mental health advocate, I do not wish to contribute to the diet culture noise that, if anything, exacerbates the mental health crisis.

After a severe psychotic break at the age of 28, I was diagnosed with bipolar 1 disorder. Clinicians told me that I had a chronic condition and would need to take medication for the rest of my life to maintain mental stability. When I began taking antipsychotics, my brain and body changed rapidly. I gained more than seventy pounds in less than six months. I experienced impaired cognition; thinking creatively and focusing deeply became a struggle. After seven years of coping with these side effects, I discovered the pioneering science of metabolic interventions through the work of Dr. Christopher Palmer, author of Brain Energy. Compelling evidence suggests that mental illnesses are a result of neurometabolic dysfunction, opening up the possibility of more effective, comprehensive treatments that address root causes and could potentially lead to complete remission and recovery. Continues...

Please Don’t Call Ketogenic Therapy A “Diet”

https://www.metabolicmind.org/blog/...therapy-a-diet/