View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Nov-12-23, 05:44

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%
Default What vegans eat

I just watched the video, below, from a channel called Vegan Deterioration. This creator tracks vegans on Youtube and what conclusions she can draw about their true state of health.

Reaction to Unnatural Vegan's Snack Heavy Diet For Kids
https://youtube.com/watch?v=qEf-FfM...lQi6hpDJ8NpWffX

Unnatural Vegan is a women with a three and a six year old, so I understand she's coming out of a child's pickiest time with the older one, and in deep with the younger one, so I expected a lot of repetition. I agreed with the commenter that the fresh food was remarkedly low in variety, there were five or six that went into different combinations. I really expected more fruit.

But they ate strawberries and avocados, a clementine, some blueberries, with a grain or some pea-based item, most of it topped with a form of nut butter -- constantly. Everything else came in a box or bag. One shot of her pantry shows Snack Central with the crackers and chips.

When we looked at what food categories they focused on, the sheer manufactured bounty of plant-based items indicated a classic problem I had: I hated vegetables, and never got to liking them that much, except in their starchy addicting forms, of course.

Here's vegan variety: lentil or chickpea? Peanuts or almonds? Agave syrup or honey? Always plenty of sweetener from a variety of places.

The sweetener, and the chocolate. The mother buys many boxes of the Lara Bars, which were originally designed for wilderness hikers and climbers, and named the children's favorite flavors, they were always chocolate and some other flavor like caramel or nut. Essentially, the kids eat a lot of grains, starchy vegetables, nuts and fruit, which is also what they eat on the snack plates the mother is constantly fixing.

I saw plain boiled macaroni and so many soy chicken nuggets. In different shapes. She resists putting soy-based cheese on the pasta and vegetables but sighs and says it's the only way the children will eat them. A plate of pasta primavera with no sauce is not appealing to me, either.

And dinner is smoothies. With all those plant-based pea proteins I keep seeing in the stores. She says she's too tired to cook by evening and the children like smoothies. But I haven't seen her cook anything but bean dips and elbow macaroni but maybe these are snack plates. So many snacks.

I used to see devoted vegans cooking. They come up with ways to say they miss meat the same way Paleos start baking with nut flours But it doesn't matter what kind of fake meat or cheese or milk. It doesn't have nearly the nutrition that's on the label. It's all the same thing, which is why the fresh stuff sparkles so brightly on the plate.

Show me a plate of strawberries and ribeye, I'll take the ribeye. If I'm hungry. That's how we should be thinking. Berries are dessert.

And this vegan mother makes so many ick faces about the food she eats. The commenter says that is why she is eager for each new vegan thing, and makes a video about it.

Seeing it all stacked up like that was the opposite of tempting. Probably years of erosive issues have damaged my ability to digest a lot of plant-based, considering I must avoid gluten, soy, lectins, and oxalates. This supposedly-healthy diet would have me horribly sick within days.

We have doctors who have never seen scurvy, and that's one thing the plant-based people should have a lock on. But it comes up in kids who only eat packaged foods. These are not foods to that great an extent. We're feeding kids like the kidnapped sailors on the high seas navy. Whatever food was cheap and durable.

The four food groups, which I still think of as a "balanced" diet, because it's a reminder of the different kinds of food, was also marketing. But now we are all being herded into far less choice.

With the animal foods portion, where the nutrition is highest and the profit is lowest, is being eliminated as a competitor.

This whole thing was about marketing. From the very beginning, with Crisco and taking the grain germ from wheat and corn flour. And that led to a pellagra epidemic, just like the Middle Ages in Italy.

Maybe this is a low level malnutrion epidemic, all over again. A job for Public Health. That was really big a century ago, and made huge differences to the health of the populace.
Sponsored Links