View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-10-03, 10:12
Registered Member

Plan: Modified Atkins style
Stats: 267/249/195 Male 76 inch
BF:
Progress: 25%
Talking Hello from a new member in sunny south FL:-)

I stumbled upon this page while doing a search on news Dr Atins. I heard he fell and was seriously injured, I hope he is ok:-( Anyhow nice site, i think I will spend a little time here:-)

I don't consider myself extremely overweight, but I certainly need to lose my gut. I gave up drinking in Sept 02, and now I am a faithful follower of the genuis Mr Atkins. My original idea was just to diet for a while on atkins, but after reading his book I will be making a permenant change.

A little backround. I never had a weight problem growing up, to the contrary I was always extremely underweight. At the age of ~17 after having Mono I hit a low of 147, which at my height is almost nonexistant. Now, I'm still 6"4 and hit 237 recently due to years of heavy beer drinking and a diet which just keep getting worse with fast food and crappy snacks. I started Atkins on 3/31/02 and after 1 week on 4/6/02 I had lost 12 pounds! The first week of induction worked great, though I was feeling rough for ~2 days. I'm thinking at my height and my age I just need to get to somewhere about 200, when I hit that I will reevaluate myself.

Jim
Sponsored Links