#10   ^
Old Sun, Aug-27-23, 08:49

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calianna
But again that really only works if humans have the exact same teeth and digestive system of those small rodents.

Exactly. Yes, all mammals, and that means a lot, but being an animal rescuer I know the difference between dog food and cat food, and that is tested for survivability. We can't say that about any of the government plans, can we?

Testing every single food was part of what made me question a lot of keto ideas. Like my seeds and nuts consumption, which is exactly our hearthealthywholegrains, too. Once I made that connection, I dropped them.

At least in my body, they have a whole different nutrient profile than the label states. I kept doing elimination diets, but it turns out what I was really sensitive to was oxalates. Fixing that also seems to help my carb tolerance.

I'm saying big headlines for mouse studies is a deliberate PR tactic. It's all about pushing the plant-based past the science, and ignoring the foods that do shine for health purposes.

We have to get the marketing out of stuff we need for survival. It's how we doom ourselves, as people and a species.