#38   ^
Old Wed, Jul-26-23, 11:36

Plan: vLC/GF,CF,SF
Stats: 197/136/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 130%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
A lot of people report trouble with ham, I think it's the salt content? And if I gained 2 pounds of water weight, I don't weigh myself, and might not notice?

On the other hand, I have no trouble with salt. I crave it, sprinkle freely, and don't notice it having any ill effects. The nitrites are actually higher in celery, so I don't know why they carry on about that when every dieter in the last few decades carries around little bags of cut up celery... apparently it's only red meat that is deadly? Seems absurd.
I can easily gain 2 lbs of water weight that hangs on for 2-3 days after eating bacon or ham, but I can roast plain pork and add a lot of salt but don't retain water for more than a day.

Now you can get bacon & ham "naturally" cured with "no added nitrates" but they use celery seed/juice that contains as much or more nitrates as the unnatural chemical curng process. Since nitrates are toxic to humans, I would not be surprised if it was the nitrates causing inflammation that appears as water weight gain. But I do have and enjoy bacon a few times a year, usually when other people are doing the cooking. Even when I don't weigh myself, my legs feel heavy with each step, which reminds me not to make a habit of it.