View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Jul-19-22, 12:52

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

I crave it because my grandparents were all from Italy.

Actually, macaroni, bread and other starches are just a vehicle for the fats (butter/cheese) or sauces.

This is the best substitute that I've found.

I don't know why I don't eat flesh every day. I certainly do like it, and have no vegetarian type objections.

Three days a week, and perhaps another of fish just seems to work for me. Sometimes a fourth day of meat, I'm not on a particular schedule.

I guess I just happen to like cheese, cheddar (especially sharp), gouda, swiss, parmesan, brie, havarti, or whatever. Usually without added spices or other flavorings.

I love bacon but it makes me hold water, so I eat it sparingly. Usually a few strips along with some other kind of protein.

I do know whatever I'm eating agrees with me. I've lost a lot of weight, and I'm healthy. I catch a mild cold about once every 15 years and that's it. I'm on zero prescriptions and my cicrulatory system is healthy. And I've gone from being in constant pain to being pain free.

I really don't know if what I eat would be best for anyone else though. I do know the arthritis/bursitis diet works for everyone I know who has seriously tried it.

Today's my birthday, so I might go off-diet with a piece of cheesecake. My wife wants me to have birthday cake, it's an act of love, so I can't turn that down. I'll survive

Bob