#14   ^
Old Fri, Jan-07-22, 20:15

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkloots
Bob, you're a champ for maintaining your good health regime, while fighting your genes the whole time. There's no doubt in my mind that genetics has a LOT to do with our shape, size, and other features (tendency to accumulate fat, susceptibility to addiction, allergies maybe). It's a choice and a commitment to resist what we're stuck with.

Thanks for the kind worlds.

I figure I have to play the hand I was dealt. My parents died too soon due to obesity related diseases, and I saw that as a possible future for me.

It took a while to find Atkins Induction/Keto. I tried a few others first, and never got under 250, even when going hungry all day. So unless I get a reason to do otherwise, I'll stay keto. So far it's working.

I happen to enjoy being alive, and although some religions tell us there is an afterlife, this life is the proverbial bird in the hand.

I intend to ride this one as long and as joyfully as possible, and try to follow the general rules of most religions, so that when this life ends, IF I find out there is a happy hunting ground, that's where I'll probably end up. If not, I gave this existence the best shot I could.

So far keto seems to be working fine for me. No prescriptions and I rarely get sick. One 2-day cold every 15 years or so is it.

If this ever quits working, I'll search for something new.

We all have to play the hand we are dealt.

Bob