#6   ^
Old Wed, Apr-15-20, 11:10

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 043ched
I have been eating a somewhat casual low carb diet for a few months without really losing any weight. I added a 16/8 intermittent fasting about a month ago and still have not seen any weight loss. I know that in addition to low carb, for me to lose weight, I will have to reduce calories, or add exercise, or go full keto but that is not really the point of this post. As I mentioned, adding IF hasn't really made any difference for me as far as weight loss. I see a lot of people online promoting IF but they usually have also incorporated some other changes such as keto or exercise. I'm curious if anyone has tried IF without also making other changes, or does IF really need to be used as one piece of an overall change?

I'm not sure what a "somewhat casual low carb diet" means. Everyone is a bit different in how severe their insulin resistance or metabolic syndrome is that everyone must adjust to find what works best. Being casual sounds like you're consuming too many carbs and not covering yourself with healthy proteins and fats in addition to low carb, above ground veggies. If you're casual, you'll get casual results. Going to IF without determining what your most effective WOE is will cause additional cravings, as when you refeed, you'll tend to overeat to compensate. If you haven't already, I'd suggest you read one or more of the excellent books that define a healthy low carb diet or get on the DietDoctor website and take part in the rich information there.