#13   ^
Old Thu, Apr-04-19, 10:58

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
Im thrilled that your body adapted to the situaton and you can eat fat normally.

My understanding is that the bile continues to be produced and just keep dribbling into the intestines; your "replacement" gall bladder theory is remarkable.

The body is amazing--doctors mess with it far too much!

While I certainly can't say for sure that I've developed some kind of bile storing pouch over the years, that was just something I remember reading a few years ago, offered as an explanation for how even those who have had their gall bladders removed could eat an occasional high fat meal without becoming sick.

On the other hand, it could be that removing the gall bladder disrupts the bile release signaling system so much that the liver constantly trickles a bit more bile than before, whether you're eating or not, so that there will always be enough bile to handle a higher fat meal.

It's not like they told me a certain number of grams of fat to not exceed per meal. They just said to eat a low fat diet, since I didn't have the gall bladder to handle excess fats. But what's excess fats? I may eat a lot of fats now, but I don't consider them to be in excess, I consider them to be the amount I need on a LC diet.