View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Mar-15-19, 06:16

Plan: general lc
Stats: 214/146/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

I'm primarily a carnivore and a bulk shopper. I'm in SE PA. If I were just feeding myself, I would go to the grocery store once per month, which (for me) would save a good bit of money as I often fall prey to in-store promotions. As it is, I try to limit myself to once per week to feed my family. Just last week I was at Costco and I ended up buying uncured Canadian bacon - something not on my list but the darned free sample sucked me in. Most of my shopping is done at BJ's warehouse club. I'm heading there this morning and will check prices and report back.

As I've gotten older, I've become a bit of a snob with certain foods - eggs and chicken being my two most obvious indulgences. I don't really like the cheapest eggs or chicken anymore. Check the circulars - there are often coupons for Eggland's Best eggs and Perdue Chicken (I prefer the Harvestland).

Edited to Add: I'm not certain, but I'd bet if I'm eating completely on plan my weekly food budget for myself alone is about $30 to $35.