#360   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-19, 08:26

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkloots
Jean, I wish your daughter well with her fitness business. It's a good thing for humanity--at least the humanity that shows up. Both of my sisters are enthusiastic about Orange Theory. I went with them one time. The equipment is interesting--including those rowing machines with actual water in them--and apparently the workout variety and tracking schemes (electronic monitors) are inspiring in a techie sort of way. Most of all: my sisters are both excited about their results, and they are LOOKIN' GOOD!!

Me? My FREE basement workout space with the weights, the treadmill, the rebounder, and the video workouts works just fine. WHEN I WORK IT. In fact, my workout journals go back decades. It's the one thing about health I've always been on top of, more or less. But it isn't about weight loss. I hope I've been an inspiration to those sisters!

My daughter has been running her Planet Fitness business for over a decade now and it has been very successful. Of course she works very hard at it. Orange Theory is the expensive gym she talked about. Membership there costs $100 a month as opposed to what Planet Fitness charges, $10 a month. She also said people tend not to cancel their $10 a month charge even if they don't use it but when you are paying $100 a month you tend to cancel if you find yourself not going to the gym and of course most people who sign up don't follow through, only a very small percentage become regulars. People are attracted to the glitz and glamour and the high techy appeal of Orange Theory, according to my daughter, but in the long run you could get the same benefit at home or at Planet Fitness but without the stylish glitz and glamour of the latest thing and without the monetary outlay. Another thing my daughter mentioned is that she has intentionally opened gyms in places where the population is not that wealthy and can really use a gym that is affordable. She hopes she is doing some good in that regard.