#355   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-19, 07:47

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkloots
Paying someone to make you do the right thing might be an American cultural phenomenon. Just think of all the gym memberships, personal trainers, and, yes, weight management schemes that last about as long as it takes the individual to realize, "I'm not getting my money's worth." And whose fault is that? ALL that stuff "works" if the participant works it.

My daughter owns three Planet Fitness gyms with her father. I just had a conversation with her about a week ago where she said that everything people get out of a gym could be gotten for for free at home with no gym membership. She also talked about how these really fancy gyms with very expensive monthly membership fees offer nothing important that her Planet Fitness gyms don't offer at only $10 a month. We tend to think that if it costs more it must be better but it ain't necesarily so. The one thing she did say is that the quality of the equipment in a Planet Fitness gym is much higher than the quality of equipment that people could get for home use if they want the machines, which themselves are not necessary.