View Single Post
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Jan-03-19, 15:04

Plan: modified adkins (sort of)
Stats: 265/176/167 Female 68.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 91%

FINALLY took a whole stack of nicer clothing that hasn't fit me in years to GoodWill on Dec 31st (in order to make the donation in time for this year's tax write off.)

These were all high quality, fully-lined pant-suits and skirt-suits in sizes 18W to 24W that I'd purchased while practicing law. Classic stuff that, in theory, should never really goes out of style. But, even the smallest of these suits are now several sizes too big, so much so that altering it to fit would probably cost more than the suits did to begin with. Plus, I just don't wear this kind of stuff anymore.

I hung onto it all because I was planning to take it to a consignment shop rather than just giving it away. Somehow never got around to doing that and finally realized that, at this point, probably none of the consignment shops would take any of it anyway as it is now all 4 to 8 years out of date.

It's so nice to have that portion of my closet back! For Christmas I gifted myself with 2 pairs of lovely black 100% cotton denim jeans (I HATE stretchy jeans), a pair of form fitting leggings (something I've never before worn), plus a half dozen pretty form-fitting sweaters and fitted tops. I am so DONE with "big shirts."