#91   ^
Old Sun, Aug-19-18, 17:17

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 225/224/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme#1
I think some of what I read was on NOAA.

The question about being canned in contaminated water,(another source) think of countries with no sanitary sewage (cesspools), countries that drain raw sewage into their own water sources like rivers, ditches and streams. It would be nice to think of it being packed in nice clean spring water. We are very advanced in this country to have fairly clean running water in most places.

I looked at all of our sardines and there were a few but they all came from different places.

Unfortunately you are right about some of the areas. Others are rather sophisticated, like china and japan, in regard to water and waste in the countryside. But because too many have been dumping in the oceans for too long whales are now contaminated waste and the carcasses are carefully disposed of. ANd yet the native people of the northlands still hunt whale as a symbol of their traditional food. ANd we have poisoned it for them.

I live near a river that is so contaminated it will never be cleaned. Too expensive. Signs everywhere to remind fisherman to toss back everything. Do NOT eat.

I am rethinking how sardines fit in our diet. It is $1 a can for questionable sources. Mulling over how much to spend on high quality sardines.

I already spend more for beef. ANd dairy. Food dollar might be better spent on an omega 3 supplement. Other nutrients can be acquired from other sources.
Sponsored Links