View Single Post
  #44   ^
Old Fri, Aug-10-18, 13:23

Plan: Atkins Concept
Stats: 225/190/175 Male 70.5"
BF:
Progress: 70%

Peggy,

What did you use to make the "bagels" from your focaccia dough? They look so much more brown and a perfect bagel/doughnut shape. I miss bagels and need to "feed that need"!

Also, I just got in my Resistant wheat starch 75 I bought to do one of your recipes with. WOW, that stuff is nearly carb neutral like oat fiber. Any idea if the stuff behaves like cornstarch? Thickening, crunchy coating on deep fried foods, etc..

Also, got the arrowroot starch/flour. It's the Bob's red mill brand. On the package it says it can be used in ice cream to reduce the formation of ice crystals making it easier to scoop right from the freezer! You and someone else just recently were discussing how to do this and had no solution to date. It says to use 1 tsp per pint of ice cream.

I need to measure what the volume of your blackberry ice cream method produces in the end product (you wouldn't know would you?). I've been using different frozen fruits with that and every time its delicious, I'm going to try peaches next time too. I see you now have a different peach ice cream recipe/method just posted on your site too, looks like it makes a lot more. I'll use your red and yellow food coloring trick from the new recipe for the color!

With the old recipe using a cup or more of fruit and 1-1/4 cups cream, that probably makes maybe a pint and a half-ish. 1 teaspoon of arrowroot powder would only add about a half a net carb to the serving size. I think I'll try that and see what happens.

Just thought I'd report that in case you didn't know there was a use for the stuff to supposedly solve the problem of that ice cream freezing solid.