#12   ^
Old Fri, Aug-10-18, 09:55

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 225/224/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRB5111
The theory that fiber can be isolated as the cause of OA is as weak as it can get. When I stopped consuming grains, the pain in my finger joints, particularly when waking in the morning, went away. Forever. Yes, fiber is present in grains as are other toxins. It's folly to think they're on the road to isolating a single substance as the root cause. But hey, if they're funded, they'll do the study regardless of how poorly it's designed.

Just easier to dump the grains.

I am interested in any cross over by eating our ducks and chickens that eat th grains.....that study is 100 years away.

But as you said the evidence is weak. Which leads me to thinking about other related causes, if any, that could be in the realm of the microbes that feed on the cellulose.

In the ruminants, ( I am recalling from a grad class over 30 years ago) the dairy cattle are fed food stuffs to feed the microbiome of the rumen. The by-products like butyerate, which I cannot spell anymore, is transformed and is a component in raw milk and then into the dairy products we eat.

More and more evidence is stacking up against humans eating grains. This study is too shaky to count.