View Single Post
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Aug-01-18, 16:11
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%

Yes, you could use 6 oz. sliced OR shredded mozzy in the filling. I just happened to have some sliced I wanted to use up. A thick marinara sauce can be used here, but that will make it more like pizza, and you know how I am about pizza.

The slightly higher carbs (.6 nc per cracker vs. .2 nc per cracker in the all flax version)in the almond-arrowroot crackers is due to the almond meal and arrowroot, as flax is almost a carb wash when you deduct the fiber. But the almond-arrowroot cracker is IMHO a much better cracker, both in texture and flavor. The flax cracker was one of my very first LC crackers. I think I was still in Induction and wanted the lowest carbs possible. Also, I learned over time I'm not too wild about the taste of flax if it dominates the flavor profile, thus I tend to use it sparingly in my recipes (ever since I got out of Induction).

Your link for arrowroot isn't taking me to a product, rather a blank page. Bob's Red Mill carries arrowroot. But honestly Ken, I just buy whatever brand I can find at the best price. Some regular grocery stores carry arrowroot, but I'm not so lucky here where I live. Last brand I bought was Starwest Botanicals in a big square plastic screw-lid jar, but I bought it so long ago, I'm not positive I ordered it from Netrition. I probably did, as they get most of my LC food buys, but I don't see it on their site right now, so they may not be my source.