View Single Post
  #2342   ^
Old Tue, Jul-17-18, 19:12

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi gals,

Lori---I am a HUGE fan of cold pressed coffee, but I only really like it iced. This is my morning drink, pretty much what you described, only ice cold. The cold press coffee is the base, then I add the protein powder flavor of my choice, thanks to your suggestions, cream and a bitsy of sweetener. Feel like I'm drinking a coffee shake w/flavoring. Delishmo and also, wakes me up and holds my appetite for a couple of hours. Plus, I feel like I'm having something naughty---can anything that tastes this good be LC? LOL.

Trig---So love you sharing your vacay w/us a bit, even if the conditions to do so are not great. Something about hearing from you in real time that is just so fun. Know I'm pushin' it here, but could you get the kiddo to take a pix of your site, the mountains and the lake and send it to your poor, poor vacation starved friend? Haha, how's that for laying it on thick?

Jaz---Nah, I didn't "need" that trench coat, I just wanted it. I have plenty of coats to wear in all seasons. And, as I start to jump some steps ahead, I can see that there are some things we will really need in our new home. One is a new bed. Not ready to buy yet, but sure going to listen to your advice. Big client is a big mattress seller as well as furniture, so I do know of what you speak.

The rage these days is buying beds on line, all kinds of them that arrive on your doorstop in a box. I think this appeals to many because it's easy, no choices. Shopping for mattresses is not glamorous. OTOH, going to a good store w/good salespeople offers you a lot these on line companies don't---like for instance, CHOICES and EXPERTISE. They will take your old mattress, deliver your new one, and set it up for you. VALUE= COST PLUS EXPERIENCE. I know the Sealy Black line and will absolutely explore it. And, gotta say, these on line mattresses have gone way up in price. They started at an average of around 700 for a queen, now most commonly around 1200. You can get a great bed at a mattress store for that, with expertise, choice and removal of your old bed, which otherwise is a PIA.

So sounds like things between you and Cruella are at a boiling point. Wish I had some good advice, but I don't. Rather, I WILL SAY, I have great faith in your business judgement. You're more wiley than she is, she just holds more cards. Hugs and hopes for you. I do think you've got her a bit on the run, but OTOH, a cornered rat is scary too.

Nic--When do you leave for romantic NYC romp w/hubby? Will you bring your laptop? HAHA. I know I am particularly interested in everyone else's vacations because we can't take one right now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another day of errands. Man, they really mounted up on me. So many things to do!

ON PLAN. Feels good. One day at a time. Gotta get myself back on the chain gang.