View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sun, May-06-18, 06:23

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

If you're finding you need to snack a lot, I agree maybe looking at your meal structure makes sense. The way I handle things like dark chocolate or fat bombs, if I want them, is to plan them right into meals rather than having them as snacks. I've learned from cream with my coffee that if I minimize non-meal calories and just eat meals that are a bit more substantial, the meals will be more satiating. And I do better with two bigger meals a day than with 3 or more smaller ones, the same amount of food is more satiating that way.

My experience agrees with SilverEm on the protein thing. If my protein intake is too high, I'm more likely to binge, apparently staying to the ketogenic side is very effective for me there. If I push the protein extra low--it actually works a bit better for a day or two, but then I crave protein and end up being less ketogenic to make up for the deficit. When I originally went more keto, first thing I did was read Dr. Bernstein's book--because I was looking for the sort of stability in blood ketones that he looks for in blood glucose, and it's really just a matter of slightly tighter protein vs. his program.