#6   ^
Old Sat, Feb-17-18, 15:18

Plan: Banting
Stats: 302/187/187 Male 175cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
I would say you have to tailor this for your audience. Always, always: what is in it for them?

So I would focus on the appalling amounts of money spent on people with chronic illnesses and the better, and cheaper, way eating better combats these conditions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deirdra
If NZ health care covers drug costs, getting people off or at least on reduced levels of prescription drugs would result in HUGE savings in health care dollars. Not to mention the reduction in pain and suffering and days off work.

Agreed completely. In addition to Dr Clark being our Minister of Health, he is also an Associate Minister of Finance, so I can definitely see how this angle could resonate particularly well with him. Boy am I lucky to have landed this appointment.

I'm still to do a lot of digging in this area; so far in the course of just casting the proverbial net as far and wide as I can, I've stumbled upon the Credit Suisse reports from 2013 and 2015 discussing sugar and fat consumption respectively, but I hope I can dig up some more statistical projections (particularly NZ-based) as time allows.