#8   ^
Old Sat, Jan-06-18, 14:45

Plan: Atkins Concept
Stats: 225/190/175 Male 70.5"
BF:
Progress: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawchem
madeyna I'll look for chicken, I don't eat gluten so I don't trust some of the 'real' deli meat. I've eaten rotisserie chicken every week for a year. Its to the point that I buy it and throw most of it out. I can work with packaged meat.

Thanks a lot for the ideas!

I buy the large package of boneless skinless chicken breasts and poach as many as can nicely fit on a 12" deep side skillet/pan, then cook some of the other for that night and leftovers, and freeze any left.

If you really heavily season...waaayyy more salt and spices than you would even use otherwise...in your poaching water (I use bouillon because it's cheap and I dont mind pouring it down the drain when the chicken is done), that flavor will carry with the finished/cooked chicken breast.

Put the breasts in the pan (on your hot/plate or single electric portable burner or electric skillet...or the stove if Vietwoman will give you some slack) so they are in a single layer, add water to about 1" or more if you have room over the top of the fattest breast (they will actually plump a little), add your bouillon and/or other seasonings bring just to the boil and keep a thermometer handy. Remove each breast to a resting platter as they reach 165 degrees in the middle of the fattest part. When the last breast reaches temp, turn off the heat and remove the pan from the burner until the burner cools a bit. Put all breasts back in the liquid in the pan and allow to cool to room temp-ish...this allows the seasoned water to be drawn in to the breasts while they cool helping to keep them moist and well seasoned.

Now you have ready to eat chicken breasts for cheap (look for them on sale). You can slice them, shred them or just grab one and start eating like a cave woman (assuming you are female of course, not trying to cisgender anyone!), use in recipes...your mind is the only limit at this point.