Old Fri, Jan-05-18, 13:01
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathleen24
Knowing that about myself, I now tell the girls, "No, but I'll make a donation," and I do.

Even the LC treats are treading dangerous grounds for me. If I am looking for something to eat just for the pleasure of eating, I'm starting to slide down the slippery slope. This process of retraining my appetite is a slow one, but I can tell you that it's working. I don't feel deprived in not having treats. I had some slices of salami with cream cheese between them a few weeks ago, and took concerned note of how this functioned for me as a strong stimulant of my pleasure centers, and how I wanted to continue to eat them--not out of hunger, but just chasing that high. I didn't have any more, because I know me.

I don't use the sugar-is-poison route of avoiding eating the treats out there. I have more of a snobby, nose-in-the-air attitude: a sniff, followed by "I don't put THAT in my body." Seems to be working for me.

That's interesting that you're retraining your appetite. What do people do when we're not eating for hunger. We say, do I want sweet or savory or salty and then try to figure out what will make us feel the best.

Cookies have been #1 temptation and I don't like them. There's a store near enough to walk to and they put a whole row of cookies on the same aisle as the coffee and tea. It taken me a few weeks to realize that's where the word cookie got in my mind.