View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Oct-03-17, 08:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/188/185 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 95%

I only skimmed the article, but its premise IMO is misleading. It twists the truth. I've been all around the block dietarily, and I believe it's true that no matter what cows feed off of, they will produce methane gas. That's nature. And nobody said you can eat unlimited amounts of beef, beef, beef if it's grass fed. That's like saying you can eat all the fat-free cookies you want because they're fat free. But I digress.

The heart of the matter, for me at least, is the way the animals are raised and treated and the quality of the life they live while they produce milk and before they become meat. I'm an animal lover and care about that. No matter if you do or not, the food they produce or become is much cleaner and healthier and nutritious (omega 3s, etc.) when they're allowed to graze.

All that said, I do very loosely follow the "Mediterranean" food pyramid model and keep the beef consumption way at the top, eating 1-2 portions a week max. I feel it's better for the environment, better for the animals, and better for me.

Just wanted to weigh in on that, no pun intended.