View Single Post
  #402   ^
Old Tue, Sep-26-17, 14:10
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

My first attempt at a vegetable garden was kind of a joke. It was my worst N=1 experiment yet. I don't think I got enough sun in the spot that I chose. I think I needed to use more space, too. It was a bushy mess w/o much organization. Anyway - here is what I ended up with...

Though they seemed to be growing just fine, I didn't get one zucchini, cucumber or bell pepper. Lots of blooms - no produce! My green beans did great for a while, then caught some blight and died. I did manage to harvest a fair amount before then, though. The cantaloupe, lettuce, and misc. herbs didn't do much of anything, dying soon after they were transplanted. The only semi-success was my tomato plants. I got some good ones periodically throughout August. Yesterday I went to check them and a dozen had ripened all at once. Now I have to figure out what to do with them before they spoil.

So my first garden was a disaster. I enjoyed it, though. I enjoyed it a lot, actually. Let's call it a learning experience. I will try again next year.