Thread: LC our way! #2
View Single Post
  #23   ^
Old Sat, Sep-09-17, 09:03

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey Trig, did you make it out hiking yesterday? Too funny that you got your DD up to hike with you today. Agreed that she will have fun once she is there. I'm very selfish with my hikes. For me they are very meditative- no music, phone off, no conversation, preferably alone. Yesterday I saw turtles, deer, a blue heron and some other small wildlife. Love it. I also got into a stare-off with a deer- I won but it took a while. lol

So yeah, that is a hella expensive truck. But if he keeps it ten years, then it is 6k a year for pure happiness on his part. Worth it.

Jaz- I am so relieved that Ava is 2.1 pounds. Just earlier in this thread you said she was 1.1 and my heart sank. I was worried she was dropping from her birth weight. VERY glad to hear she is gaining. Great news!
How did you know you were part of the Experian hack?

Lori- You have such a nice relationship with your sister. You two seem very 'simpatico.' It's nice to see; I know it doesn't always work out that way with sisters!

Re: Stitch fix- I did it for like 3 months. Thing is, I don't buy clothes very often, I am pretty frugal about buying them, and I felt compelled to keep something to "save" the 20 dollar fee. But the thing I would keep felt overpriced for what it was, so I felt like I was "losing money." But many many people love it.

Florida- A HUGE concern. Mother Nature is pretty pissed off these days it seems- huge fires burning in the northwest, TX submerged in water and a huge hurricane (plus two more) barreling along the coast/gulf. My Mom is in ATL - I should check in with her to see how she is prepared.

Blue- Your dinner out sounds absolutely wonderful and good friends can't be beat. Especially friends who are also in saving mode!
You have been a busy bee and working hard. Hope you can get some feet-up time this weekend!

••••••••••••

Anyone else planning on going to see IT at the movie theater in the next couple of weeks! I am!

Had a very busy day yesterday! Went to Costco and Trader Joes, then ate lunch at noon, so a 22 hour fast (not including coffee with cream.) It wasn't really an intentional fast but I wasn't hungry before I left for errands and ate when I got home. Then I went for a four mile hike before picking DS15 up from school. I was exhausted last night!

I woke up during the night SO COLD from our window being open in our room but still having the summer bedding on. It went down to 50. I scooched on over to DH's side and crammed up against him. When I woke up there was a huge expanse of empty bed and then us in the last quarter! Our temps are about ten degrees below normal right now.

Today is the UMD game at noon, then I am meeting a friend for dinner. If I do any walking at all it will be just a short walk for the dogs in the neighborhood.
DS18 sent me a text about 30 minutes ago- he and GF showed up at the game an hour and a half early and got seats right at the goal post. I'll be looking for him on TV!

Oh, funny note! DS15 got it in his head the other day that he very much wanted a hot glue gun. So DH took him to buy one yesterday when he got home from work. DS15 paid for it himself. So then DS went out in the garage to do whatever he was going to do with cardboard and the hot glue gun and we pretty much didn't see him again. He wouldn't show us what he was working on. But we went to bed (he had been working 5 hours by then) and he was still out in the garage. And this morning there were no dishes in the sink so I guess he just skipped dinner all together. That ADHD brain is a powerful thing- he can hyper focus like nobody's business when he is passionate about something. So creative!