View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Dec-01-16, 11:38

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

Welcome Karl.
I hope you really enjoy a very much earned break. I am so glad your mom is happy in her new home, and you can finally treat yourself better.
I am very young to have needed a caretaker, but 2 years ago at 30 I got very sick- I had a very rare nuerological syndrome that paralyzes people for 6-12 months. It took me roughly 6 months to begin walking more than a block or two (I had previously been an avid mountain trail runner, so this was quite a shock to the system), and it was a year before I felt mostly recovered. During that awful 6 months, my husband (also an athlete) never once went to the gym because he would race home from work, to make sure I wasn't lying in bed too weak to stand long enough to heat food he made me sitting in the fridge. He did every single dog walk. He did every house hold chore, including cooking every meal I would eat (and measuring the ingredients so I could count the carbs!), and even my laundry.
I can't believe after that hellish year, when I finally was well- he proposed to me and we got married last summer

I don't know what it is like to take care of someone full time, and you are such a good son to be able to have done that for such a long time. So glad you now get your chance to find happiness and fulfillment.

Btw, hi there neighbor! Look the sun came back out

Bev- what a nightmare your family went through. So glad your dad is happy and safe in his new little house, and that his wife is also safe. That fire sounds terrifying.