View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Sep-21-16, 08:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

Well, no wonder! BLECH on chicken breast. If I have to eat the same thing three nights in a row, I'd rather eat a nice bunless burger, and switch out the toppings, you know?

Various cheeses. Chopped olives, bacon, whatever.

Chicken breast, unless you have the kind with skin and bones, is among the most flavorless meat known to science. I say science because the chickens that give up their lives for those bags of frozen tasteless things are about half animal and half genetic engineering.

IDEAs: if you eat chicken, get a whole one. Already roasted is fine, although there is sometimes sugar on them. Probably not enough to be significant for a young man, though.

For a guy your age, that whole chicken should last a couple days, at least. Fatty beef roasts and pork roasts. If your parents have a slow cooker, ask one of them to show you how to use it. The easiest way in the world to make a dinner for you AND your family is to put a roast, with a small bottle of salsa, in the slow cooker in the morning, and then about 12 hours later, take it out, bone it, and shred the meat and the salsa together. You can eat yours plain, or scoop it up with lettuce leaves. Your family can follow your lead, or eat on buns.

Don't want to think about what to eat? Fry some eggs, and have already cooked bacon ready in the frig, and you can have bacon and eggs for dinner.

Frozen shrimp that's raw, but already shelled, can be quick rinsed in a colander, and then stir fried and eaten by hand after dipping in blue cheese dressing.

There are a ton more, but that's a start, yes? Dr Atkins, who popularized the idea of HCHF, had one hard and fast rule, after eating always on plan. It was this: eat when you are hungry. Stop when you are not.