View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Sat, May-14-16, 21:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

You can go zero carb if you want, but DON'T COUNT CALORIES, Ok?

Dr Atkins' famously said: "Eat when you're hungry. Stop when you aren't."

He also said that at some point, calories might need to be counted. But it's not at the beginning, and certainly not keeping yourself, as a healthy, active young woman, below 1200 calories!

A couple of questions. Are you/were you nursing? For sure you are sleep deprived; it comes with the territory of two kids, one of them only 6 months old!

Either nursing or recent weaning, along with sleep deprivation, can slow weight loss.

Personally, I never lost weight well until about two months after I weaned my kids, and that was anywhere from 6 months to a year.

As Barb said, Dr Atkins wanted people to enjoy their food, so they could continue to enjoy it in maintenance. If you are using the website, know that it has perverted Dr Atkins way of eating in order to sell products that aren't good for you!

You have a lot on your plate, and worrying about calories can be one that you take off. Just keep your carbs low, and, while I won't promise the weight will fall off (you don't have that much to lose, really) you will enjoy your food, rather than agonizing over it.

Many of the people on this forum, myself included, are much older than you, and believed, because that's what older women are told, that we COULDN'T lose weight, anymore. What we learned was that, by drastically cutting carbs, but eating as much as we needed of fats and proteins, we could lose, and be much healthier, too.