View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-16-16, 06:33

Plan: atkins/LC
Stats: 275/198/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 59%
Default Weight Loss and Aging

Ok, so I have been very, VERY good with my eating, fairly good with exercise, and the evil scale has not indicated all my 'goodness' with a lower number. I refuse to get discouraged, because this mini-epiphany came to me:
I am a work in progress, and this takes time. A lot more time than when I was younger, for sure.
So I am envisioning this unwanted fat as either scale-buildup (appropriate, no??) or really old yucky wallpaper in a large room.
These things take a lot of effort to remove, and a lot of time to get it right. So, keeping with the whole home improvement theme, and loosely referencing the 'body is a temple' school of thought, I'm conducting a prolonged and careful update and improvement of my body.
Lots of effort, lots of time, and the eventual outcome will be worth it.
I wish with all my heart I had listened to those older and wiser saying how much harder it is to lose as you get older. But then again, I wish I had never had the crappy things happen that led to extreme overeating in the first place.... You can't change the past, only how you deal with now. Slow and steady, work in progress, outcome (and journey) will be worth it.
Stay on track folks - we ARE worth it!!!
Sponsored Links