View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Nov-20-15, 07:10

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Zuliekaa,

Has your cousin taken what seems to be a high dose and seen BG improvement from it?

When starting LC in 2011 I read in one of the Atkins books that 1,000 mcg of chromium picolinate would help with weight loss. Think I took it until sometime in 2014 then stopped in an effort to reduce multiple supplements. About that time...or after? my BG was rising, which I have continually blamed on Physiological Insulin Resistance. It got better with intermittent fasting, but not consistently low. Reading something about six weeks ago, realized what I had dropped and after reading this thread, purchased the Natural Factors GTF version. Multi has 120 mcg picolinate and I take one 500 mcg GFT with it.
I don't want to get too excited but both fasting and PP BG has been much improved in the past few weeks. Could kick myself for not keeping better track of which supplements added and subtracted and when (lesson write everything down with dates even for supplements or change in multi).

Could further BG lower with two tablets? Does time of day matter?
Have others noticed continued improvement using GTF? Studies do not seem to bear out BG improvements, but this would seem a big coincidence.