View Single Post
  #157   ^
Old Wed, Jul-08-15, 10:12

Plan: Atkins '72 low carbs
Stats: 303/233/203 Male 5 ft 11 in
BF:
Progress: 70%
Default I'm new to this website and forum too.

Hi lo-carb,

You're the lucky one because I am addressing this to you since you are the most recent post on this thread. I am a 67 yo male who needs to lose at least 100 lbs. too. 20-25 more lbs at the tail end would be great. But 100 lbs. is a good round number. I was an Atkins once before about 15 years ago and lost about 35 lbs in a little over 3 months. Kept it off for years until life and health intervened and I fell off the Atkins wagon. I had open heart surgery 3 years ago and after an initial weight loss, I gain back way more than I should have. Now I am trying to lose it with Atkins again. I started May 20th and have lost 17 lbs by yesterday, July 7th. But I am in a stall or plateau now for over three weeks and have fluctuated between 2-3 lbs variation during this time. I'm looking for support and advice on how to jump start the steady weight loss again. I am still in the induction, 20 net carbs stage and plan to stay on it for the duration. It seems to be easy to follow and I don't get cravings or hungry.

Can anyone on this thread offer some advice on how to get out of this persistent stall? It is frustrating after the initial success in induction. Thanks and good luck to everyone, including you, lo-carb, on meeting your own weight loss goals.