View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-14, 15:04

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

I've read this website for general health issues, they lean toward alternate medicine. Http://www.womentowomen.com. Not a personal rec, just know it is in Yarmouth.

Quote:
For heart health: "Practice good eating! What you eat definitely affects your insulin levels which will affect your metabolism and your cholesterol. A diet high in vegetables and low in simple carbohydrates and saturated fat can reduce cholesterol levels – sometimes as effectively as statin drugs – without the side effects! I’ve seen many patients change their insulin resistance and lower their cholesterol by following these proven dietary guidelines."

Could also phone around to local practices and just ask the nurse/ office manager if the doctor would support a real foods, low carb WOE, does he/she recommend nutritional strategies before pharmaceutical.

Look for DO degrees or doctors trained in Functional Medicine. The Functional medicine site also has a list: https://www.functionalmedicine.org, including a number of MDs and DOs in ME.