View Single Post
  #16   ^
Old Fri, Feb-07-14, 18:35

Plan: Ketogenic now
Stats: 277/121/125 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 103%

Welcome Miss Jean. I certainly hope that your lowcarb journey brings you better health as it has for me. I'm just done obtaining my certification in nutrition...I only work on a volunteer basis right now (I am disabled...but not 'down for the count' thanks to the lowcarb way of eating) with clients who, for one reason or another, cannot have bariatric surgery.

You really gave me 'strength' with your post...I'm 59 but have outlived almost every member of my family...my parents passed before they were 50, as did most of my Grands and my Uncles and Aunts (both sides afflicted with the same autoimmune disease as I have now).

I'm just tickled that someone your age has a soaring spirit and will to feel better by eating better. I will tell you (as will my doctors) that I am alive only because of this way of eating...all those RX's I 'could have taken' and all the treatments that haven't worked on myself or my family members...I am the only one who has changed my way of eating.

I hope you will not mind if I use your post to show others...I have a couple of clients who are convinced that they cannot change their way of eating because of their age..both nearing 70 and so desperately want to be in better health. Perhaps if they knew how many people are above the age of 65 change their way of eating and gain a bit of health back.

I wish you the best of luck on your lowcarb journey....this is a wonderful place Miss Jean...I had been maintaining my loss for quite a while before I found it. The folks here are 'in it to win it'.
Sponsored Links