Thread: Mean people
View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Feb-03-14, 11:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 216/186/140 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 39%

Ugh. My FIVE YEAR OLD daughter is dealing with something similar to this in school. She came home from KINDERGARTEN the other day upset. Upon sitting down with her for a conversation I learned that a boy (who also torments some of the other girls in the class, I've since learned) told her he hated her because she had blonde hair and no butt (no one said five year olds were rational). My daughter is 38 lbs (so barely even registers on a BMI chart), but very tall for her age (she is built like my husband, long and very lean), and really does have a very flat bum. But she's never noticed, until this boy said something. And she profoundly said to me "Mom, I don't understand why someone would hate me for something I can't even change". I was so infuriated that at age five someone had forced her into thinking she needed to change who she was so someone who didn't even matter would like her. We've since spent a lot of time discussing the reasons someone might treat her like that, how she shouldn't care about what this boy or anyone else thinks about her so long as she is happy and healthy, that she's got plenty of other very good friends and doesn't need one who treats people that way, etc. She's feeling much better about the situation now.

My POINT is just that society is so messed up. At five years old this boy already knows how to bully others (particularly females), how to get them worked up so that he can feel better about himself. Worst part? I brought the incident to the teacher's attention, where I learned several other girls in the class were being treated this way by him. So we all had a big meeting and his professional looking, lean, obviously judgmental father simply replied "boys will be boys". Like it was no big deal, or his sons RIGHT to speak to girls this way. Then drove away in his $100, 000 dollar car looking down his nose at all of us mothers who had called out his boy. So this boy has an obvious role model, and will likely end up an abusive, sociopathic freak too.

Some people are just evil. There are mothers and fathers out there breeding their small children to become harsh, judgmental, despicable humans who harrass others for pleasure. If that's not twisted I don't know what is.....