#9   ^
Old Wed, Jul-31-13, 09:42

Plan: Optimal Diet
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

Yes, I would look at magnesium too.

What all's in the smoothies?

I would wonder if your sweets, starches, and grains are contributing to those awful flare-ups. Combined with, a lack of saturated and mono fats, and maybe light on protein? - nerve sheaths are made from fats and proteins, it has to help if you gett enough protein and fat.

I too would recommend a diet much lower in sweets and starches. It's a bit of work to relearn what you eat but worth it. Personally nowadays I think the Primal Blueprint guidelines are easy and friendly for people new to these ideas.

I too am an older woman and isn't it amazing how suddenly I don't have to, or even want to, cook any more?

What I did when I realized it was time to switch my diet around (again), was use Fitday to play "what if." I would put in what I was really eating and then, item by item, swap out the sweets and starches for fats and protein. I only put in stuff I really liked and would eat. While still looking at enough protein and not too much carb.

Don't laugh but my lunch right now is mixed nuts and summer sausage. No cooking! good fats and portable too.

My dinners are meat, veg, some root veg, and butter and olive oil. One thing I do is barbecue once a week and then have the barbecued meat and veg, reheated, sorta like a roasted veg medley. Not as good as fresh every night but I am NOT cooking every night and that's that.

I do like breakfast and it's eggs and sausage most days with butter-rich biscuit. (sometimes traditional, sometimes paleo)
I can make that in bulk too and reheat for days.