#268   ^
Old Thu, Feb-14-13, 11:50

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by shushy
Actually , the way I read it , it seemed like carb counts for CM had a lot to do with it , as the sugars are what triggers the insulin and/or the cravings .

I know it may come off sounding argumentative , but I am just truly trying to understand , and maybe there is something I misunderstood while reading .

and yes , Patricia is responsable for the mention of the Dr. that i posted the link for , I just had a hard time finding it , i kept misspelling his name , so I thought I would post for those interested

The best advice I guess I can give is to read your book - cad or calp. Calp lists 3 guideliness - and emphasis is placed on no longer having to weigh or measure your food. You do not need to count carbs because you have a list of cm foods, the guidelines to follow. It is not a program that says foods under x# of carbs are allowed at your craving reducing (cm) meals.

Have I paid attention to carb counts? I have - but not because it's part of calp, but because in learning to deal with my pre-diabetes I wanted to pay attention to the kinds of foods (rice is ok, wheat is not for me) and amount of carbs in a carb item at rm, and my blood sugar response.

Let's just call this a good discussion