View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Aug-11-12, 09:47
Real food!

Plan: Lower Carb/IF
Stats: 238/155/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

I am 48, have had difficult periods from day one at 13, and as I get older, my menstrual discomfort gets worse. Now, I will say that after about a year of low carb eating, I noticed a huge, huge improvement in the emotional aspects. I no longer get the high anxiety and "stressed out" feeling. I don't feel like an emotional wreck anymore. This has been fantastic. But, I do still have a lot of pain and I have very heavy periods due to large fibroids. (I am considering a partial hysterectomy next year. Considering.)

At any rate, I've been taking chelated magnesium for the past few months. It seems to help somewhat, but not tremendously. I order some food grade diatomaceous earth yesterday for other reasons. Interesting to read that it may help with the menstrual issues. I sure hope so! That will at least make things more tolerable while I wait if I do decide to get the hysterectomy. The size of my fibroids is interfering with some things, and nothing but removal (or shrinking) of the fibroids themselves or removal of the uterus will fix that part.