View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-10-12, 19:12

Plan: 160g animal protein/day
Stats: 185/167/165 Female 5'10
BF:35
Progress: 90%
Default Chelated magnesium... and menstrual symptoms

I posted this in the newbies questions because I am new to taking magnesium. I wanted to know if there is anyone else in the low-carb community who had severe menstrual pain, and noticed an improvement in symptoms with chelated magnesium.

I started taking Carlson's cod liver oil 4 days ago, and plan on taking it continuously.
I'm also going to start on a regimen of Dr.'s Best chelated magnesium 200mg for one month. And if it doesn't mess with my stomach, I will go up to 400mg. Keep in mind that I'm giving the dosage of actual magnesium minus the chelating agent.

My symptoms include:
Excessive fatigue
Extreme moodiness and impatience
Severe stomach bloating
Severe gas -- I have recently decided to cut out dairy. I don't eat any grains either. The only thing I eat is meat, vegetables, and nuts. I keep my carb intake under 20g on most days.
Nausea due to the bloating

I probably have more symptoms but I can't think of them all. Also, when it's not TOM, I do experience high levels of anxiety when I'm in high-stress situations. I'm hoping that maybe the Mg can help for that too.

I am on my hands and knees begging for some feedback on someone's (hopefully more than one person) experience with chelated magnesium and their cycle. This is a hell I go through 2 days per month, and sometimes I can't show up for school because I'm so nauseated from the bloating.
Sponsored Links