View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-06-12, 21:12

Plan: Atkins, Paleo, High Fat
Stats: 180/133.2/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 117%
Default Down Twenty!

Well, took my time, had some slips, but I'm now down 20 lbs! I've low carbed for over a decade, but this time just refused to quit. I started January 1st, with one big face-plop for a few weeks in February, then right back at it.

I've learned a lot from everyone here and am so thankful to all of you. I've learned to graph my weight so I don't keep giving up. Learned that from all those here who have preached it and it's so true!

I've also learned that if I slip I'll gain five lbs of water for a few days but it will pass and I don't beat myself up about it anymore! I do, however, beat myself up if I don't get RIGHT back on at the next meal. Learned that tough love here, too - and that's a good thing. I think I'm learning to just have some patience, and the weight will come off!

Also learned that I have to cook and learned a lot from the recipe boards. I actually enjoy it more now that some recipes are in my head. I've learned to cook one meal, low carb, that the whole family can eat. I used to make mine separate and that was frustrating. If someone wants mashed potatoes or rice then they can make it themselves or be extra nice to me and I'll make it for them as long as its not habitual :0)

Went on vacation and came back the same weight as when I left, which is a first. Definitely used tips from all you guys about that! So, thank you for just being you :0). I'm just gonna keep on goin'. One thing for sure, I am definitely addicted to this low carb community!
Sponsored Links