#44   ^
Old Sun, Jul-22-12, 13:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 199/000/000 Female 5"3'
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Arlene, basically, I think..yes. Have you looked at the charts in A&SLCL around page 208? Take those samples and work out your calorie numbers for each phase. The first thing that hits you is the amount of fat coming from your body in Phase 1, and second, then how you need to eat to replace it in Phase 4. But if you still want to lose in phase 2&3, yup, not so many calories and most of the fat should still be sucked out of our own fat stores.

ps: on reference weight, that 6 ft muscular guy at 80 kg is a BMI of 23.7, so highish end of the healthy range.

Jey, right, On page 207 they give us the formula for a moderately active, post obese adult, as expending (a modest estimate) of 35Kcal per kg of weight. So if I use 140 lbs converted to 63.5 kg x 35 I should be using at least 2222 kcalories a day and if I use 150 lbs, 68 kgs I could eat 2380 kcalories and as long as I keep protein in control, I should not gain on that amount of calories. If I decide to stop at 140lbs, eating 1850 kcalores a day, I can increase my calorie intake to at least 2222, keep protein at the recommended number of grams and maintain by adding fat.

On page 210 is the Human Protein Tolerance insert where I found the numbers to calculate how much protein I should eat. I am shortish woman (5'2") so I am staying on the lower end of the numbers. I know when I was on Induction, I ate about 1400 caloires, but here am allowing myself about 1850 on the percentage of protein suggested and want to see if I lose. So far, I am.......

If we are in the group of believers in insulin response being responsible for a lot of the weight we cannot lose or even gain, then me tracking my protein at this level and even at a higher number of calories than when I was trying to lose, keeping the protein lower than before, should cause me to lose because I am still using more body fat. I should lose until I hit a balance. I exercise moderately.

Right now I am losing at a pretty fast rate, faster than I expected and I am not even in full Nutritional Ketosis.