View Single Post
  #33   ^
Old Sat, Jul-21-12, 09:43

Plan: Carb reduction in general
Stats: 230/185/180 Female 5 ft 9 in
BF:
Progress: 90%

Arlene, I'm also trying out nutritional ketosis since reading Jimmy Moore's blog but due to cost haven't bought the better blood tester and am trying to get by with the less accurate ketostix type strips. With those I found just a regular can of tuna (26 grams protein) was apparently too much protein in one serving for me because the stick measured only just a trace of ketones for hours afterward whereas the color had been dark before the tuna salad. Also I saw that Jimmy said his daily percentages were 85 fat, only 12 protein and 3 carbs while achieving daily nutritional ketosis and thought I also saw someplace his grams of daily protein were only somewhere in the 70's even for a big man like him. I don't know how applicable my experience is to anyone else, but I'm thinking if nutritional ketosis remains hard to achieve it may be there's still too much overall protein being consumed or the amount being eaten at one time, maybe both. I took my tuna can experience to mean I need to eat less grams of protein per meal, fill up more on fat instead and have cut back some on my daily protein total as well to conform more with Jimmy's percentages since it's working well for him, so maybe will for me too.