View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, May-16-12, 13:10

Plan: No factory-processed food
Stats: 230/147/147 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Improved metabolism on maintenance. Is this unusual?

I've been maintaining for four months or so, and the way it's unfolded has surprised me. I gave myself a maintenance zone of eight pounds and fully expected it to be difficult not to exceed it. I imagined I'd have to go on mini diets now and then to stay in the zone. In fact, it's turned out the other way, and a couple of times I've even slipped below my planned lowest weight.

It took some time to sink in with me that I could eat more than I thought I'd be able to. What really took me aback recently was to compare present food intakes with equivalent ones from during my weight loss phase. There's no doubt about it, the same food and same amount of it has less calorific effect now. I can only think my metabolism has changed. Has this happened to anyone else?

I'm particularly confused because I had braced myself for the reported phenomenon that metabolism slows after weight loss. I have even read scientific studies documenting this; and, to be fair, it would make sense. I hope it's not famous last words, but with me it seems the other way so far.

Am I going mad? What have other maintainers found on this?
Sponsored Links