View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Thu, May-03-12, 17:52

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 213/141/150 Female 5'4 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 114%

I'm late responding to this....

I know EXACTLY how you feel! I had pretty much lost to goal last summer and HAD to buy some new clothes...but I knew I would likely lose more, so I just bought a few key pieces and made it work with what I already had using some of the suggestions here. Like Judy said, it's not all that big of a deal to wear tops that are a bit too big.

With my winter wardrobe I just made do...bought a couple pair of jeans and wore my too big tops. Now it's warm again and most of the clothes I bought last summer are too big. But I'm still losing and I have heard that even once you settle into your real goal weight it can take 6 months to a year for your body to finish redistributing everything and getting "used" to your new weight. So once again I have just bought a few key pieces and am making do. I figure by this time next year I will be able to really work on my long-term wardrobe, including some more expensive pieces.

I also agree with Nancy about not throwing anything away too soon. I don't agree with holding onto things long-term, but for a short amount of time to make sure it's going to stick - especially expensive pieces. And that works in reverse too. The last time I got to goal (this is the third) I drooled over a very nice, expensive pant suit for over a month. Kept almost buying it and refrained because of the cost. It finally got put on clearance - one left that happened to be my size - for an insanely cheap price. I grabbed that sucker up and was SO happy. Unfortunately when I gained weight back I got frustrated and got rid of all my skinny clothes, including that beautiful suit! I SO regret that! The only thing I kept was my expensive bathing suit that I paid full price for....and it just about fits!